Author Topic: Raymond Terrace cyclists  (Read 1162 times)

Surfarobbo

• Soigneur's
    • View Profile
Raymond Terrace cyclists
« on: August 13, 2010, 10:16:34 am »
Recently moved from Townsville to Raymond Terrace and looking for people interested in mid week rides out that way. Riding a nice 38km loop through Duckenfield, Morpeth and Hinton if your interested or willing to jump into an already organised ride.  Are there any Sunday training / bunch rides around Newcastle or Port Stephens?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Boostland

• Directeur Sportif
  • Heads Of State
    • View Profile
Re: Raymond Terrace cyclists
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:18:34 am »
There is a quite hard ride that goes through Duckenfield and over to Raymond Terrace on Wednesday mornings, it leaves Broadmeadow race course at 7am and goes through Wallsend roundabout around 7:20, around 7:30 Minmi roundabout Newcastle link road, think we usually get to Raymond terrace around 8:20 will confirm times when I do the ride next.

Here is the old route that takes, recently they have shortened it a tad due to road works and time constraints, it no longer goes out via Black Hill they go up the freeway instead, also they turn at Eales Rd instead of heading up McFarlanes lane.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Wednesday-morning-Terrace-long-ride

No longer a Hubbard or a Commuter, just a very naughty boy.

Surfarobbo

• Soigneur's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 06:18:33 pm »
Looks like a good ride. It would be nice to get some k's back in the legs... Where abouts do you leave from the racecourse?

giantcfr1

• Lead Out Rider's
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:10:10 pm »
Hi mate - im in East Maitland and ride out around the Morpeth Duckenfield area. I usually ride of an afternoon and would be interested in meeting up somweher along the way if you want. In the summer time i usually have two other guys that ride as well (after soccer season finishes)

Boostland

• Directeur Sportif
  • Heads Of State
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 03:35:52 pm »
The bunch generally rides around the race course for a few laps then leaves a bit after 7, when I meet them in there I ride the opposite way to the bunch until I see the group then turn and get onto the back.

Surfarobbo

• Soigneur's
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 12:18:32 pm »
Giantcfr1 - No rpoblems...Flexable with my time when im in town so i can ride if available. Im in Cairnes then Broken Hill over the next two weeks (mid week) but keen for a long weekend ride or mid week ride after 2 weeks time. Cheers Trent

Boostland

• Directeur Sportif
  • Heads Of State
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 01:29:10 pm »
I am doing a ride over Bingleburra tomorrow morning, will be leaving the Maitland tourist information centre at 8am then heading up and roughly following this path.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/bingleburra

I will be riding up to Maitland via Sandgate, I will be going through there between 7:10 - 7:15

giantcfr1

• Lead Out Rider's
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 02:33:21 pm »
boostland - wish i didn't have to work during the day i'd jump in for sure (come to think of it i work both day and nighttime anyway) i usually have school holidays available during the day so if your ever riding this way during school hols give us a yell

surfarobbo - let me know when you get back and we'll see about some rides. Sometimes on a Saturday i meet the Omega pack at Hexham and ride out through Raymond Terrace then out to seaham. Somtimes they split and some ride back while others go through brandy hill, back to the highway and back into Newcastle. You could meet the pack at Raymond Terrace if you didn't want to ride into town first. They usually update the course on the Omega cycles website

The Ferret

• Sprinter's
  • The Ferrets New Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 10:36:07 pm »
Surfarobbo,

You must be in the RAAF son and gone AWOL, or pissed on the Sergeants shoes, to lose the post from Townsville to Ramo. It's like being sent to the Russian front. Tip from The Ferret, fail your next psyche test and get an honourable discharge. Have a look at all the ADF boys riding around Newcastle........definitely something missing. Shalom

Your friend

The Ferret

PS Are you sure you're not a Sergeant, because you're making my privates stand at attention. Shalom

Surfarobbo

• Soigneur's
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 05:55:20 pm »
Ferret,

Im a mining engineer but met a heap of good people from the defence industry when in TSV. I grew up in Ramo, so i dont mind it.

GiantFCR1

Went on the Omega ride. Rode into hexam then out through Brandy Hill and back to the Terrace. Will be in town Monday and Tuesday if your keen for a ride?

Trent

giantcfr1

• Lead Out Rider's
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 09:42:41 pm »
hey mate - did you enjoy your ride with the Omega pack? I have had bronchitis so haven't been able to go out for a ride for nearly a month. Its amazing how quickly you lose fitness and put on 5 kg without riding. Not sure when i will be better as i have some problem with my immune system and stay sick for long periods of time. I will get back to you

elefunksoup

• Soigneur's
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 09:42:40 am »
Hi people.

No-one seems to use these forums any more. But if there si anyone in the Terrace area looking for someone to ride with, I'm in.

Cheers